WELCOME TO Dr. Y C JAMES YEN GOVERNMENT POLYTECHNIC
To emanate as a leading institution in education to develop engineering professionals who are technically competent ,ethical and environmental friendly for betterment of society.
To develop competent engineering professionals through high quality academic instructions and industry collaborations to face emerging challenges with credibility ,integrity ,ethics and social concern.
The Section imparts Education in the Courses of English (101), Engineering Mathematics – I (102), Engineering Mathematics – II (301), Engineering Physics (103), Engineering Chemistry and Environmental Studies (104) apart from hands-on experience through Physics Lab (109), Chemistry Lab (110), Communication Skills Lab (408) and Presentation Skills Lab (C16 – 508) / Life Skills Lab (C20 – 508).
The Vision of the Section is to promote excellence in Teaching and Research, inculcating a ‘Spirit of Enquiry’, ‘Quest for Knowledge’ in students regarding the laws governing the nature, making them formidable in the foundations of Basic Sciences, Humanities and in the usage of English Language for ‘Effective Communication’ apart from grooming them to be Morally and Socially Responsible Professionals.
- To Provide requisite Knowledge of Basic Sciences to Students and make them apply that in their respective domains of Engineering Education.
- To Promote ‘Holistic Learning Environment’ through ‘Inter-disciplinary’ and ‘Collaborative Learning.’
- To Impart effective English Communication, Presentation Skills apart from Life Skills that aim at over-all ‘Personality Development’ of the Student.
- To Develop ‘Sensitivity’ in the Students towards Social, Environmental and Ethical concerns/issues in Personal and Professional spheres with the ultimate aim of safeguarding them.
To become a prominent department of computer engineering producing competent professionals with research and innovation skills, inculcating moral values and societal corners
- Provide learing ambience to generate innovative and problem solving skills with professionalism
- Enhance industry institute interaction programme to getacquainted with corporate culture
To envisage the upliftment of students in rural areas through effective teaching learning process with technical, analytical, managerial skills and professional ethics.
- To provide a classy learning environment that caters to local and global technological and social requirements.
- To promote industry-Institute and Institute-Institute linkages for sustainable development of academic ,training and placement activities.
- To promote professional skills, ethical and spiritual values resulting in service to the community.
- To nurture a good Eco system that encourages faculty and students to engage in interdisciplinary projects.
The Vision of the Department is to be a premier and value based department committed to excellence in preparing students for success in Electrical Engineering and Technology Professions to face the challenges.
- To enable students to develop skills to solve complex technological problems of current times and also provide a framework for promoting collaborative and multidisciplinary activities
- To inculcate moral and ethical values among the faculty and students
- To provide quality teaching blended with Practical engineering skills.
- To prepare students to develop all rounded competitiveness.
To be a Centre of excellence in the field of mechanical engineering to develop competent engineering professionals with ethics and eco- friendliness for betterment of society.
- To impart sound theoretical concepts and practical skills through innovative pedagogy.
- To nurture industry-institution collaboration leading to competency enhancement and entrepreneurship.
- To nurture good eco system that encourages faculty and students to carryout interdisciplinary projects.
- To impart social and ethical values through personality development programs.
Facilities We Offer
Collection of materials, books or media that are accessible for use.
Formalised teaching but with the help of electronic resources.
An individual or group activity pursued for exercise or pleasure.
Appropriate skills development, gender parity, provision of relevant school infrastructure.